Add video recordings of classes, seminars and guides to your space
The video library is a feature that lets you upload videos to Nuvolos and then store those videos as streams that are reviewable by your students on demand, any time when they require to review course content again.
The Video Library enables you enhance your space with multimedia content. As opposed to storing video files in your space, the video library has the following benefits:
- You can use the embed codes of videos in the library to embed videos in README.md files. Users having access to your space will be able to watch the videos directly from the browser.
- Once a video is added to the library, it can be embedded into any number of README.md files, without any additional storage cost. This makes sharing class recordings fast and efficient: just add new recording embed codes to a README.md, and distribute the new version to all students. They'll receive the update is a few seconds.
Once the video library feature is available in your organization, you may enable it for your space, by visiting the Space configuration menu, and there selecting the Enable option for the video library. This operation needs to be done once per space.
Enabling the video library for a space
If you add a file to the video library, you have to choose from two options:
- 1.Keep the file on the file system.
- 2.Remove the file, and store the video in the video library only.
Once you have made your choice, the video upload will begin from Nuvolos to the streaming provider. After the upload has finished, the video will be processed by the streaming provider, for a one hour video, this might take up to 30 minutes.
Uploading a video to the video library
The embed code of your video will be available after the upload procedure has finished (it might be that your video is still being processed, the link will still be available).
You can obtain the embed code of the video from the Video Library menu. You have two options to select for embed codes:
- 1.Fixed size option: In this case the video has a fixed width/height, which is useful in interactive documents where you have a lack of space or videos are embedded in a tabular format.
- 2.Responsive option: In this case the video will try to fit to use the maximum available width in the interactive document it is embedded in, also detecting resizing of a browser window, etc.
The embed code can be used in README.md files on Nuvolos. If you paste the code into the markdown editor, you'll see immediately how it'll be rendered.
Embedding a video into the main README.md of a space
Similar to your file area storage, the video library storage also has a quota. By default, each space may store up to 60 hours of video material.