The video library is a feature that lets you upload videos to Nuvolos and then store those videos as streams that are reviewable by your students on demand, any time when they require to review course content again.
The Video Library enables you enhance your space with multimedia content. As opposed to storing video files in your space, the video library has the following benefits:
- You can use the embed codes of videos in the library to embed videos in README.md files. Users having access to your space will be able to watch the videos directly from the browser.
- Once a video is added to the library, it can be embedded into any number of README.md files, without any additional storage cost. This makes sharing class recordings fast and efficient: just add new recording embed codes to a README.md, and distribute the new version to all students. They'll receive the update is a few seconds.
The video library feature might not be included in your organisation's subscription. Please reach out to your organisation manager(s) to initiate a subscription upgrade if you'd like to use this feature.
Once the video library feature is available in your organisation, you may enable it for your space, by visiting the Space configuration menu, and there selecting the Enable option for the video library. This operation needs to be done once per space.
Once the video library feature is enabled, if you upload well-known video extension files to Nuvolos, you will have an option to add the file to the video library.
If you add a file to the video library, you have to choose from two options:
- 1.Keep the file on the file system.
- 2.Remove the file, and store the video in the video library only.
We suggest to remove the video files from your file system - the video library stores the video for you, and video files might have a substantial negative impact on your file system quota usage.
Once you have made your choice, the video upload will begin from Nuvolos to the streaming provider. After the upload has finished, the video will be processed by the streaming provider, for a one hour video, this might take up to 30 minutes.
The embed code of your video will be available after the upload procedure has finished (it might be that your video is still being processed, the link will still be available).
You can obtain the embed code of the video from the Video Library menu. You have two options to select for embed codes:
- 1.Fixed size option: In this case the video has a fixed width/height, which is useful in interactive documents where you have a lack of space or videos are embedded in a tabular format.
- 2.Responsive option: In this case the video will try to fit to use the maximum available width in the interactive document it is embedded in, also detecting resizing of a browser window, etc.
The embed code can be used in README.md files on Nuvolos. If you paste the code into the markdown editor, you'll see immediately how it'll be rendered.
Embedding videos only works in the side-by-side editor mode, not WYSIWG mode. You can change between the two modes at the bottom right corner in the editor, next to the Intercom button.
Similar to your file area storage, the video library storage also has a quota. By default, each space may store up to 60 hours of video material.
Storing videos in the video library is the most storage efficient way of keep video media with Nuvolos.
If you would like to increase or decrease your quota, please reach out to our support via Intercom.